Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What to do with new pork chops?

So the last two leftover recipes I tried did not go to well.  I tried to make banana pancakes for Celia and Charlie for breakfast, but they had too much banana and not enough pancake.  Charlie fed Celia's to our dog, Hammie, when I wasn't looking.  Then, tonight I made a cucumber bean salad for dinner.  It tasted okay, but just okay.  I think it's missing a spice.  As soon as I figure out what needs to be added, I'll post the recipe.  So my recipe tonight is not actually a leftover recipe, instead it's a beginning recipe for pork chops.  It's really good and smells great when cooking.  It's a recipe I created a while ago, so there's not as much detail as there is in my newer recipes.

Creamy Pork Chops

Ingredients:
4-6 Pork Chops
1 Can Cream Corn
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
1/2 Can of Milk (use cream of soup can)

Layer pork chops in a crock pot or baking pan.  Pour all ingredients on top.  Cook in the crockpot on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or cook in the oven at 300 degrees until pork is completely cooked.  While cooking, baste pork chops with gravy several times to keep them moist.  Remove from oven or crockpot when pork is at correct temperature and let cool a bit.

No comments: