Sunday, February 7, 2010

What to do with a little bit of leftover frozen fruit?

I love to make Sangria, but the only problem is I always have a little bit of frozen fruit left over from it.  Yesterday morning I used it to make a smoothie for my children for breakfast.  It is so easy to do and really healthy.  Charlie, my 2 year old, loves them.  For some reason he calls them chocolate milk.  I know there are frozen smoothie mixes in the grocery store, but you don't have to buy those because you can easily make one at home.  The homemade one is better for you too.  What do you like to use in your smoothies?  I love apple juice, frozen strawberries and peach yogurt. Yum!


Breakfast (or anytime!) Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 Cup of Frozen Fruit
1 Cup Fruit Juice
1/2 Container of Single Serving Yogurt
1 1/2 TBSP Honey

Mix all ingredients in blender or Magic Bullet.  Blend until smooth and creamy.  If smoothie is too thick for you, add a little bit more juice, water or ice.  This makes enough smoothie for two adults.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Now I am thinking about soaking the fruit in sangria before making my smoothies. :)