Saturday, February 20, 2010

What to do with a little bit of sour cream?

When I was in college, my friend Christy used to make this great dip.  She would bring it to all our sorority get-togethers and it was known as Christy's dip.  When I looked in the fridge tonight, I realized I had a whole bunch of little bits in there: a little bit of mayo, a little bit of cheese and a little bit of sour cream.  I tried to recreate Christy's dip with it.  It didn't turn out exactly the same, but it was still yummy!  Serve it with salsa and tortilla chips and it's an instant party.


Christy's Dip
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Pack Taco or Burrito Seasoning
1/2 TBSP Onion Soup Mix
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Chopped Black Olives
1 Cup Thick Salsa

Mix together cream cheese, sour cream and mayo until smooth.  Add taco seasoning and onion soup mix.  Stir until mixed in.  Finally mix in cheddar cheese, black olives, and salsa.  Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.

No comments: