Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What to do with leftover cake?

Last Saturday I turned 30!  Woohoo!  My wonderful husband and family threw me a smashing surprise party.  Friends and family from all over Missouri gathered together to celebrate my birthday.  It was wonderful!  At the party we had 3 cakes, cupcakes, a giant cupcake and a peanut butter pie.  Even with the large crowd we had leftover cake.  We took a sheet cake to church with us on Sunday, but we still had some leftover cake.  Tonight I turned some of the cake into Chocolate Covered Cake Dippers.  They were easy to make and a great use of leftover cake.


Chocolate Covered Cake Dippers


Ingredients:


Leftover Cake
Dipping Chocolate
Sprinkles (optional)


Cut cake up into 12 to 14 large cubes.  Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola or vegetable oil.  Put cake cubes on pan and cook at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.  You will need to turn them so all sides get toasty and don't burn.  Take cake out of the oven and let cool while you melt chocolate.  To make this recipe super easy, I jut bought a container of fruit dipping chocolate.  I followed the directions on the container to melt it.  When finished dip cake cubes into chocolate and lay them on parchment paper, chocolate side up.  Add sprinkles if desired.  Cool in fridge until chocolate hardens.

No comments: