Thursday, February 4, 2010

What to do with leftover ground turkey and steak?

Hi all!  I am so blessed to get to stay home with Celia and Charlie two days during the week.  Even on the craziest days, I love it.  Today was one of those days!  So when Andy walked in the door tonight, I was happy to turn our two little hoodlums over to him to start cooking.  My brother gave me a filet mignon that he had leftover from the other night when he bar-b-qued and I had some ground turkey leftover from our pizza pie.  I made these into Fajita Style Nachos.  They were delicious and would be great for a Super Bowl Party!  Comer con gusto!

Fajita Style Nachos

Ingredients:
1/2 Large Onion- Chopped
1 Large Green Pepper- Chopped
1/2 Packet Taco Seasoning
2 Cups Cooked Chopped Meat (I used 1 cup filet mignon and 1 cup ground turkey)
1 Can Beans- Drained (I used small white beans)
1 TBSP Dried Cilantro
1 TBSP Minced, Refrigerated Garlic
Tortilla Chips
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
Sliced Black Olives
Sour Cream
Salsa
Jalapenos (optional)

Spray a large frying pan with no stick cooking spray.  Add onions and green peppers to the pan.  Add 3/4 cup of water to the pan.  Next add taco seasoning and saute until peppers start to turn bright green and onions are becoming translucent.  Add meat, beans, cilantro and garlic to the pan.  Cook until very little liquid remains.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a large baking sheet with a rim (so the beans and meat won't fall all over your counter).  Spread out a heavy layer of tortilla chips onto the baking sheet.  Spoon meat and bean mixture all over the chips.  Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the meat and beans.  Cook in the oven until cheese is completely melted.  Add black olives, sour cream, jalapenos and salsa when serving. 

No comments: