Saturday, April 10, 2010

What to do with Peeps?

I love Peeps.  I like to eat them stale.  I know that sounds funny, but I leave the package open for a couple of days and then eat them with chocolate.  Yum!  I think it's great that they now make Peeps for more holidays than just Easter.  My favorite thing to do with Peeps is make Peep Treats.  These are Rice Krispy Treats made out of Peeps.  They are so fun, because they end up being the color of the peeps.  We just had pink Peep Treats for Celia's birthday.  Peep Treats are a fun treat to make with your kids because they are easy to make and the peeps look funny when you warm them up in the microwave.

Peep Treats
Ingredients:
1/2 Package of Large Marshmallows (I used pink strawberry ones)
1 Package of Peeps (Use the Pack with 3 trays)
3 TBSP Butter or Margarine
6 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal

1. Spray a large, rectangular baking pan
2. Put Marshmallows, Peeps and Butter in a large, microwaveable bowl.  Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes in 30 second increments.  Peeps will expand, you want to make sure they don't explode.
3. Mix Rice Krispies into melted
Marshmallows.  Pour into your baking pan.  Let sit for a few hours.

No comments: