Thursday, April 22, 2010

What to do with cucumbers and tomatoes?

With Spring here and fruit and vegetable stands popping up all over the place, I'm in the mood for some salad.  For the first time ever, I've planted some plants.  Hopefully this summer, we'll have a ton of peppers, lettuce, onions, and raspberries.  Celia and Charlie had a great time helping me plant the seeds.  Now I just have to keep them out of the dirt long enough to let my little plants grow!  Here's a deliciously fresh tasting Balsamic Cucumber Tomato Salad.  I used dried basil, but if you have fresh basil, it will taste even better!

Balsamic Cucumber Tomato Salad
Ingredients:
3 and 1/2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes (I used Roma and Cherry tomatoes)
1 Large Cucumber
1/3 Cup Diced Onion
4 oz Diced Mozzerella Cheese
3/4 TBSP Dried Basil
1 TBSP Minced, Refrigerated Garlic
1 TBSP Honey
2/3 Cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Salt (optional)
Pepper (optional)

1. Chop tomatoes and cucumber.  Put them into a medium-sized bowl.  Dice onion and cut mozzerella cheese into cubes.  Add to bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together basil, garlc, honey and salad dressing.  Pour over salad and stir.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: