Thursday, April 29, 2010

What to do with Cherry Coke Zero?

Andy's Granny came into town tonight.  I've known about this visit for weeks, but I still hadn't pre-thought dinner.  After work, I ran home before picking up Celia and Charlie to fix something really quickly.  Luckily, I had a whole ham thawed out.  My friend Leighanne had given me a 2 liter of Cherry Coke Zero the other night.  I looked at the ham, I looked at the soda and I thought hmmmm....


Baked Ham and Sweet Carrots
Ingredients:
1 Ham (mine was 6lbs)
1 Pound of Carrots
1 Medium Onion
3/4 Cup of Cherry Coke Zero (or regular Cherry Coke)
1/4 Cup Jelly (use a berry or grape based jelly, I used black currant jelly)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put ham in a large roasting pan.
3. Peel and chop carrots and onion into large chunks.  Put around ham.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together jelly and Cherry Coke Zero.  Pour over ham and veggies when finished.
5. Bake in the oven for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours.  Dish is finished when carrots are tender.

No comments: