Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Danielle's Dish..... What to do with potato chips?

Our first What's for Leftovers reader has submitted a recipe!  I love that when Danielle saw leftover chips in her work breakroom, she thought about our WFL site.  Together we're saving money and resources!!!  Read Danielle's story and recipe below.  When we move to our new site, http://www.whatsforleftovers.com/, I'll have a section for readers to submit their recipes for everyone to try.  In the meantime, email your recipes to andreablevins@hotmail.com and I'll post the recipes for you.  Make sure you post comments on What's for Leftovers or on our Facebook page to let Danielle know how much you love her recipe :)

What to do with Leftover Ruffled Potato Chips

Our work had a birthday treats day last Friday and I brought a lot of different things. One of the many things I took in was Ruffled Potato Chips and dip. When I came back to the lounge at the end of the day, the dip was gone. About a serving or two of non broken chips were left and about a cup or so of broken chips. I’ve been reading your blog and I thought what a waste. So, I took a Ziploc bag and took them home. I searched your blog and of all of the yummy recipes I couldn’t find one. I had a feeling that potato chips would be yummy on top of a tuna casserole. Went to my pantry and fridge and some of my normal ingredients were not there. This is what I found.

Crunchy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Ingredients:
1 can (10 ¾ oz) of Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom
1 can (10 ¾ oz) of Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken
1 can (10 ¾ oz) of Campbell’s Great for Cooking Cheddar Cheese
1 bag (12 oz) of Egg Free Wide Pasta Ribbons
1 bag (16 oz) Frozen California Medley
1 cup of Shredded Cheese
1 cup of crushed up Ruffled Potato chips
2 cans of Star-Kist Tuna in water (about 12 oz together)
Salt and Pepper to Taste

1. Take Frozen Vegetables and sit out to thaw.
2. Take 3 quarts of water, bring to boil. Add noodles and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes. Do not let noodles get too tender. Drain water and noodles into a colander. Do not rise noodles.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  In the same pot as noodles were cooked in, add the can of Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken and Cheddar Cheese. Mix together. Add Salt and pepper to taste. Mix in drained tuna and thawed out Vegetables. Mix in noodles.  Pour mixture into a 9-inch x 13-inch x 2-inch rectangular baking dish (3 quart casserole dish).
4. Take Shredded Cheese and sprinkle over the mixture, making sure it is evenly sprinkled. Add more cheese if you want. (I don’t know how much cheese I actually used. I eyed it.)  Then take the crushed up Ruffled Potato chips and spread out on top of the cheese.
5. Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted nicely.Let cool for 5 minutes, serve, and enjoy!!!
By Danielle Farris

No comments: