Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sherbert Jello

A little while ago I had a baby shower and served some punch. The punch was a hit, but I still have half a container of sherbert left. Tonight I decided to do something with it. My kids love Jello. It is a treat that is so easy to make, but I never do. I'm not sure why, something about the texture freaks me out. It's oooey and gooey and moves funny. But I decided I was going to make our sherbert into jello. Here's how I did it. Let me know what you think.


Sherbert Jello
Ingredients
1 Cup Sherbert (I used lemon lime)
2 cups juice (I used apple)
3 packs gelatin

Put the cup of sherbert into a square pan and let it melt. After it melts, sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let it sit for a minute or two. Boil the three cups of juice and then pour over the sherbert. mix until all the gelatin is disolved. Put in the fridge until jiggly.

2 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

Did you mean to say put the sherbert in a pan and let it melt? Can't wait to see what you get going on here because girl I am horrible at left-overs. I have tried making things as planned-overs *Ü* but it never goes too well. Looks great so far!

Andrea said...

I definitely meant to say put the cup of sherbert into a square pan! Ooops!