Thursday, March 18, 2010

What to do with 1 fish filet?

The other day I looked in my freezer and I realized I had a single, white fish filet. I'm guessing it was Tilapia because that is what I normally buy. What was I going to do with 1 fish filet??? How did it even get in there??? I figured I probably needed to use it since I couldn't remember the last time I had bought Tilapia. So last night, we had Seafood Salad Melts for dinner. On Sunday, Andy had brought home a loaf of Rye bread from church. I cut it up into slices, piled on the seafood salad and melted cheese on top. It was a nice change from heavy, hearty meals. It was also very easy to prepare and clean up.

Seafood Salad Melts
Ingredients:
1 Pouch Tuna
 1 Package Immitation Crab Meat (8oz)
1 Filet White Fish, cooked
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 TBSP Creme Fraiche (use sour cream if you don't have this)
1 TBSP Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
1/2 Tsp Minced, Refrigerated Garlic
1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
Pinch Salt
Fresh Bread Slices (I used rye)
Butter
Cheese Slices (I used colby and swiss)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break up white fish into small pieces. In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, immitation crab meat, and white fish.
3. Add mayo, creme fraiche, honey mustard, garlic, onion powder and salt. Stir.
4. Cut bread into slices. Butter one side. Put in oven and melt butter.
5. When butter is melted, flip bread. Pile seafood salad on the other side, then top with slices of cheese. Put back into oven until cheese is melted.












No comments: