Monday, March 15, 2010

What to do with leftover baked beans?

I made a huge pot of baked beans at our bbq this weekend because I love them and I knew I could make something with them for What's for Leftovers. Last night we had my brother, neice and dad over for dinner. Michael (my brother) brought a pizza along "just in case". Up until last night, he had never had Sloppy Joes that he liked. He ate two sandwiches during dinner, so I don't think he feels that way anymore. Homemade Sloppy Joes are so easy to prepare. You don't need that mix that they sell at the store to make them really tasty. You just need a few ingredients that I'm willing to bet you already have in your kitchen. We put ours on buns with cheese slices, mmmm, tasty!





Deluxe Sloppy Joe
Ingredients:
1 lb Hamburger Meat
1/2 Cup Steak (Optional or add more if you have more)
1 1/2 Cups Baked Beans
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1 Can diced tomatoes
1 TBSP Ketchup
1/2 TBSP Mustard


1. Brown hamburger meat in a large frying pan and drain fat.
2. Add steak, baked beans, tomatoes, bbq sauce, ketchup, and mustard. Mix all together.
3. Cook on medium until sauce thickens up. Make sure you keep stirring so the bottom won't burn. Put on buns and top with cheese.

No comments: