Thursday, May 20, 2010

What to do with the end of the bbq sauce...

My friend Kimberly calls these the bottom of the jar recipes.  They are brilliant!  Saturday night I noticed that there was just a bit of bbq sauce left in our squeeze bottle.  It was probably 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup.  In the past I have turned the bottle upside down to get all of the liquid out.  This usually doesn't work.  Sometimes I'll add water to the sauce if a little water will work with the recipe.  This time, I made the recipe in the squeeze bottle.  It worked great!  Every last drop of bbq sauce was gone when I was finished with the marinade.  My only caution is that it works best if you have a funnel.  Surprisingly enough, I found I do not own a funnel.  The next time I visit the dollar store I know what I am investing in. 


Hopefully when Kimberly sees this post, she'll share some of her famous bottom of the jar recipes with us!


Pineapple Pork Chops Marinade
Ingredients:
BBQ Sauce Bottle with about 1/4 Cup left
4 TBSP Pineapple Juice
1/4 Cup Red Wine
1/2 TBSP Minced, Refrigerated Garlic
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing
1 TSP Jelly (use grape or a berry jelly)

1. Pour all ingredients into your bbq sauce bottle and shake.
I used this marinade on pork chops.  Let your pork chops sit in the marinade before cooking.  Then either grill or fry your pork chops.  If you grill your chops, continue basting chops with the marinade while cooking.  If you pan fry your chops, after browning both sides, pour marinade on top and let cook covered for another 5 to 10 minutes.  Top chops with a cooked pineapple slice for an added touch of flavor.  You could also use this marinade with chicken or fish.

No comments: