Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What do with leftover chili...

I know cold weather foods aren't on everybody's menus right now, but my mom's work had chili the other day and she brought me the leftovers.  I often make chili dogs after we have chili, but I wanted to make something a little different this time.  Instead, I made Chili Cheese Burritos and they turned out great! Plus, they have to be somewhat healthier than chili dogs :)  Enjoy the recipe!


Chili Cheese Burritos
Ingredients:
3 Small to Medium Baked Potatoes or 2 Large
1 & 1/2 Cups Chili
1/2 TBSP Minced, Dried Onion
1/2 TBSP Fresh, Minced Garlic
1 TBSP Fresh, Chopped Parsley (I was out of Cilantro, but you can use that instead)
1 &1/2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Colby, Cheddar or Mexican Mix)
8 Large Flour Tortillas
Salsa
Frito Corn Chips, crushed (I used a snack-size bag, but you'll want about 1/2 to 1 Cup)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread a thin layer of salsa into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Deskin potatoes and cut into chunks.  In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, chili, onion, garlic, parsley, and shredded cheese. 
3. Microwave tortillas until soft (I microwaved mine separately for about 10 to 15 sec. each).  Put a large scoop of filling on each tortilla and roll.  Place into baking dish.  Spray burritos with Pam and bake for 20 minutes.  After 20 minutes, cover burritos with a thin layer of salsa and sprinkle Fritos on top.  Bake for 5 minutes more.  Makes 8 large burritos.  Top with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream if desired.

No comments: