Thursday, August 5, 2010

What to do with leftover rice salad?


Want to get What's for Leftovers recipe updates?
Like us on Facebook :)

I love to make rice salad.  It's so easy, a little of this, a little of that, some cheese and Italian dressing and voila, ready to eat.  Unfortunately, I'm the only one in our family who really loves rice salad, so I either need to be making it for a party or be prepared to eat it every night for a week.  Last week I got tired of eating leftover rice salad, so I snuck it into a dish for dinner.  Wouldn't you know, my family loved the dish, so I now know what I can do with leftover rice salad.  Enjoy!

Chicken Vino
Ingredients:
6 Chicken Breast or Thighs, thawed 
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
1 & 1/2 to 2 Cups of Rice Salad
1/2 Can Black Olives, Sliced
1/2 Green Pepper, Chopped
1/2 Onion, Chopped
1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Red Wine
(*My rice salad had peas and tomatoes in it, if yours doesn't you can also add these to your dish.)

Put your chicken into a large slow cooker.  Pour all other ingredients on top.  Cook on High for 1 &1/2 to 2 hours until chicken is done.  Check periodically and stir, add a little water or milk if sauce starts to dry up.

No comments: